Donghae and Siwon
flirting withbullying Kyuhyun. (⊙ω⊙✿)
Donghae and Siwon
flirting withbullying Kyuhyun. (⊙ω⊙✿)
So I was re-watching season 3 of Downton Abby, and I’m at episode five now, and …
It happened …
And Tom says ‘please don’t leave me’ and it lost it.
Damn this episode!
gah I still can’t do this without turning into a weeping mess…
I don’t think these feels will ever go away.
I’M SORRY BUT THIS REALLY PISSED ME OFF AND I NEEDED TO VENT.
So I liked this page last year for the shits and gigs, as you do. I found it funny, and let slide the few sexist posts.
Only recently- and after I got a tumblr- did I really start to notice the abundance of rape, sexist and racist jokes appearing on my news feed. And it pissed me off.
I said nothing, however, because what could I do? Send in a message to the page and get labelled a whore and a slut by the Admins as I’ve seen so many people do?
Then this motherfucking gem popped up.
I usually don’t get involved in these sorts of things; if I do my comment gets lost more often than not and goes unnoticed. But I had to comment, I really had to.
I thought my argument was valid and whole, and I was actually rather happy when he admin directly replied to my comment.
I narrowed down my five favourite games ever and posted them.
Of course, I got beaten and labeled down once again.
When I asked for a rational clarification of his definitions of “casual” and “core” he did not reply. It was only when I directly insinuated the bias of his claim did I get a response.
“A feminist I see. No arguments need to be made. Good luck with getting them eggs fertilized”
Note the use of “feminist” as an insult.
I have had my fair share of gender specific hate regarding gaming. I get told I am a fake and a bitch if I get a high score; I get told to “suck a dick because you are better at that, bitch” if I get a low score; I get told to “get back in the kitchen, slut” without any prompt at all, simply because I have a vagina.
I am beyond sick of this. I hate the fact that if a male who hypothetically plays a few hours of CoD can be easily called a gamer by the wider community but I if were to say that I was a level 34 on Skyrim I would immediately be called a fake geek girl, a casual gamer and a liar.
I hate the fact that, even though 45% of gaming consumers are female, developers and publishers still believe that there is not a large enough demographic for female protagonists.
I hate the fact that most women in video games are no more than sexulised objects in skimpy clothing.
I hate the fact that I cannot enjoy a game without being labeled and branded because of the fact that I posses a vagina and not a penis.
~sorry about the long post clogging up your dash. I needed to vent~
Off-topic somewhat, but important.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK I AM SO MAD
I’m so done here
presented without comment
let us bow our heads
THERE IS NOTHING COMPLEX OR DIFFICULT ABOUT THE CLITORIS I’M SO MAD LIKE IT’S RIGHT THERE AND YOU JUST GOTTA TOUCH IT
………I don’t understand why the clitoris is such a mystery
it’s right there
I mean, if you’re a lazy fuck and you don’t care about your partners’ pleasure, then maybe it’s difficult to figure out
but for fucks’ sake, it’s right there, it engorges with blood and everything to make it easier to find
srsly tho it’s RIGHT THERE
maybe we should retaliate by claiming that we can’t find the penis
“it’s right there!”
“no those are my balls”
“in here somewhere?”
“that’s my anus please stop prodding at it”
If we learned anything from Batman Begins it’s don’t give kids hope.
They grow up to be Joffrey Baratheon.
I’m a Christian, and even I can recognize how ridiculous it is for people to oppose gay marriage based on the grounds that “The Bible defines marriage as one man and one woman.” That’s simply not true.
If these are barbaric and no longer acceptable practices, then I think we can say that prejudice against queer people is also barbaric and no longer acceptable.
“Traditional marriage” my pansexual ass.
Bill Nye is my favorite
Dawkins needs to get over himself
Bam. Dawkins is a jerk.
How can anybody be that hostile to Bill Nye. Look at him. It’s like Bill Nye’s innate goodness and love for humanity and science is repelling him.
How the fuck does Bill Nye expect this to happen? What do you want to do, force women to enroll in science courses, regardless of whether or not they want to do it? Just for the sake of having “enough” women? Why the fuck do these fractions matter so much? It’s not like people are holding guns to our head and threatening to kill us if we become interested in science.
Maybe, just maybe, a lot of us DON’T FUCKING WANT to be scientists. Is that a crime?
Hi there, princess-munchkin. Female engineering student here.
Bill Nye is not saying that you HAVE to be a scientist, and you are right that no one is holding a gun to my head because I am interested in science, but let me tell you some of the struggles of being a woman in the STEM fields.
1) Because I am a woman, I am not expected to excel in these fields. I first fully realized this when I was in high school, on my robotics team. See, although my robotics team was about 50% female, most of the women were part of the “business administration” side of things: finance, marketting, PR, membership, etc. Was this a problem? Absolutely not. But I was there to be an engineer, and specifically, to be the robot programmer. This was met with a lot of hesitation at first from some of the other students (all of whom happened to be male. This is not necessarily a bad thing.) You see, all of the robot programmers before me were guys. Computer programming is just a thing that guys do, or so they thought. Even after I had proved myself to the mentors on the team, many of the students still underestimated my abilities. There were rumors going around that I wouldn’t have been able to program the robot at all if the lead software mentor wasn’t there to help me. This was just flat-out false, but it wasn’t until I won an award for the team that the other students actually saw my merit.
2) There is not a lot of encouragement for women to go into these fields. I first noticed this when I was in elementary school. I was always interested in math, science, you name it, but many of my teachers and family members pushed that to the side for a long time. When I asked for legos for christmas, I would get ballet slippers. In fact, for a long time, I was training to be a professional dancer. I loved to dance. I loved math more, but no one seemed to notice that about me. It wasn’t until I had a long conversation with one particular teacher in high school that I decided to look into engineering. I had never even considered it as an option before, because no one decided to encourage me to pursue my interest in science. If it hadn’t been for that teacher, I would probably not be at the school I am at right now.
3) For a long time, Engineering/Science/Math WAS a “boys only” club. Let me tell you when some of the top technical schools and societies started letting women in:
- RPI, The oldest tech school in the country, founded in 1824. Started admitting women in 1942 to “replace men called to war.” Campus housing for women wasn’t constructed until 1966.
- Tau Beta Pi, the Engineering Honors Society - Founded in 1885. Started admitting women in 1968.
- Caltech - Currently rated #3 in undergraduate engineering. Founded in 1891. Started admitting women in 1970.
- Georgia Tech - Currently rated #5 in undergraduate engineering. Founded in 1885. Started admitting women in 1952.
Do you see the implications of this? Engineering has been a part of our society since around the late 1800s (in the case of RPI, since the 1820s), but women weren’t even allowed in for the most part until the 1950s, regardless of their merit.
4) Because of the fact that it was a “boys only” club for such a long time, there are not a lot of women engineers and scientists to look up to. When you’re reading your physics, chemistry, and math text books, the majority of those theories were came up with by men. It is true that much of our history was written by White Men, but this does not mean that the fact that there are few women scientists to look up does not matter.
So, as you can hopefully see, princess-munckin, or anyone else that shares the opinions of princess-munchkin, Bill Nye was not arguing that women that are not interested in STEM should go into those fields anyway. But he IS arguing against all of the systematic barriers set up against women who ARE interested in engineering and science. There are several women out there who are just as good as the boys at math and science, but will never pursue their interests because it just doesn’t seem like an option. That was me for a long time. I am super grateful for the fact that I fought against that, and that I ended up where I am.
if you don’t like science, fine. Don’t be a scientist. But if one day you have a daughter and she shows interest in being a scientist, PLEASE encourage her. Because Bill Nye is right, there needs to be more women scientists in the world.